Video Screen: Enforce Completion & Custom Thumbails
Following on from our recent update to the Slideshow screen comes similar UI improvements to the Videos screen plus two additional new features:
- The ability to force learners to watch an entire video
- The ability to add custom thumbnails.
Force learners to watch an entire video
If you're subscribed to one of our Premium plans, you'll now be able to force learners to watch the entire video before the screen is marked as complete. Note, this functionality is only available to videos that you've uploaded, not videos that you have linked to e.g. Youtube videos.
To use this feature, simply toggle the 'Enforce completion' option ON after you've uploaded your video. You can add this retrospectively by clicking the edit button on each video you want to use this feature for.
Learners who are required to watch an entire video will know they've completed the video once the progress indicator below the video becomes solid. See the example in the image below:
Add custom thumbnails
Yes, you can now add custom thumbnails to any video you've uploaded! This feature is available on all plans.
If you have Progress markers toggled on for your workspace, your learners will now be required to view each slide in the video screen. So if you have multiple videos in the screen, then they must view each slide. Note that this doesn't force them to watch the entire video, just make sure that they've visited each slide.
As part of this release, we've added all of the UI improvements that we added to the Slideshow screen to the video screen. These include:
- New white text background container with visibility controls for hiding both the title and description
- Improved navigation using SmartColor™ color scheming, and built in thumbnails displayed on hover
- Video thumbnails added to the re-order list
- Rich text options in the description field